Helene M. Bjørkedal

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Film rewiev - P.S. I love you

P.S. I love you

The film P.S. I love you, is an American romantic film. The film is based on a novel by Cecelia Ahern. The main Characters is Holly and her Irish husband Gerry Kennedy, together with their friends Sharon, Denise, James, William and others. Holly and Gerry are deeply in love, but they fight all the time. When Gerry suddenly dies of a brain tumour, Holly is left alone. Through ten long months, she get letters written from Gerry, which he arranged to get delivered after his death. The letters help Holly handle her sorrow and to get on with her life.


The main characters are acted by Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler, two famous and popular actors. They are very talented and they do a wonderful job making the setting come alive. They express their feelings when they play, which make the plot seem realistic and to make the audience engaged in the film. In the film, Holly is developing hope, and throughout the film, her fear of falling in love again disappears. The film shows us that the world will still go on if you loose someone you love. The film is American, and it had a big budget, therefore everything is well planed and detailed. The setting is in present time, both from Manhattan and the beautiful Galway area in Ireland. P.S. I love you is a bit dramatic in some ways, but the main focus of the film is to touch the audience's feeling and to show humour, joy and sadness. The plot is exiting and touching, and the tension in the film holds the attention and eager the audience to pay attention to the film. Like almost every romantic film, P.S. I love you has a happy and satisfying ending, where Holly falls in love with a new Irishman and they get married in the spirit of Gerry

I think the film is adorable and exiting, and the beautiful story made me cry many times throughout the film. I have watched the film many times, and I still enjoy it an I always will. I will recommend it to everyone who love a romantic and beautiful film, and to everyone who love Ireland.

1 comment: